Monday, May 16, 2011

Last week WAS a Crazy Week!

This week has had it's ups and downs, but I know, and have realized a long time ago that God has a plan and somethings don't turn out the way I envision them.  All sorts of emotions have surged through my body in this past week, some happy and some sad.

Sunday: Mother's Day hasn't always been the happiest time for me, especially in the past ten years. Sadness and tears fill my heart, because I don't currently have that bond that a mother and daughter usually share, and I can't help but envy those that do have that.  I just know God has called me to be his daughter, and be a loving and caring mother to my son, and future children as he's laid out in the Bible. 

Monday: I haven't been to a funeral in a long time, but witnessed one Monday of a very special, and dear friend of mine who endured the symtoms of Muscular Dystrophy.  His smile, optimism, and his love of the Lord will stick out in my mind forever, and I will cherish the time I was able to take care of him.  I know he is in God's presence and am at peace with that. 
My Anatomy and Physiology test went well on Monday, and I passed with a 96% on the final!  I was estatic about that because as you've read before I am waiting to hear about my entrance into the Nursing program at NWACC; I need all A's.

Tuesday: I don't know if it were the weather or not, but, Hale was ornery this day. I attempted to go to Walgreens with him with my coupons, and was looking forward to being successful at my first "extreme" coupon trip.  As soon as we walked in the door, Hale wanted this or wanted that.  I couldn't even concentrate to find the products, and see if it was really worth the journey.  I swated his behind, told him to stop, and gave it another go, but it just got worse. So, I loaded him back in the car, and headed home; I just wasn't in the mood to deal.  Frustration flowed through my veins, but I got over it pretty quick, and prayed about my attitude.

Wednesday:  This was just a busy day... that's all I have to say.

Thursday:  Hale and I hung out all day.  It was a GREAT day; the weather and all.  I almost thought we were making a movie.  We made pancakes, watched Curious George, read a few books, I watched Hale golf, we played outside, WE had a long three hour nap--- woke up refreshed, played with play-doh, did some laundry, and he helped me vacuum.  God has blessed me with more than I could imagine in my little munchkin.  He's a little testy sometimes,  but that is what makes him, Hale.  My sister-in-law graduated, and I am so proud of her for her accomplishment.  She has worked so hard!

Friday: My last "final" was in the morning.  I put final in quotes because all we did was bring some kind of yummy breakfast food, and turn in our final paper for my English class.  It was quite fun.  My instructor is an avid banjo play, which intrigues me, and he played that while we ate and conversed about how the course went.  It was kind of a yucky, rainy, and cold day, but I was glad the semester was over; I felt a sense of freedom.  I went "shopping" afterward to waste some time before I had to go to work.  I found a new polo for Heath for $11, and he liked it.  That's all I bought, because we are on such a tight budget.  Buying for others is more fun for me, anyway.

Saturday: Laziness definitely set in... although I did straighten up the house...

Look for a more consistent post this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment