Monday, September 17, 2012

My baby started school! TEAR...

I can't believe the day has come for SCHOOL!  I can remember the day Hale was born, which seems like yesterday (cliche, yes, but so true). I know today he's not starting school-school, just Pre-K, but it's all the same to me.  I'm sending him on his way, so grown-up, to preschool with a teacher, and a classroom, and lunch, and recess, and music, and chapel. Hale keeps telling me how excited he is to go to school... "like you Mommy", he says. Yes, I know, I'm still in school at 26, and no, I'm not going to med-school, or going to be a lawyer, or anything fancy like that. I'll be a Nurse, a dream come true!  Sorry for the detour, Hale is the subject here! WOW, is pretty much all I can say.  I try really hard to savor each moment that I get to spend with my little man, because I know I can't keep him from getting older, and he'll be graduating high school before I know it. This is tough.  I know he's just about 4, but where have those four years gone?

Emotions and thoughts overtake me often... and I can't help but ponder several questions: Have I done enough? Have I been there enough? Have I held him enough? Have I told him I loved him enough? This is what goes through my mind, but I need to focus on if Hale has seen Jesus enough in me! I obsessively pray for him, that he know Jesus at an early age, that he do well in school, that he will make wise decisions, that he respect himself and others, and many many other things!  Besides God, and my husband, he has brought so much joy, happiness, hope, and love in my life!  I tear up often when he smiles, when he laughs, when he discovers something new, and when he just needs his mommy! He makes my heart melt!



Thank you Lord for a healthy, smart, and loving little man!

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment